Monday, March 10, 2008

Updates

"Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can. That is the only secret" ~ Matthew Arnold

My dearest E.,

In the time I had last written in these pages, many wonderful things have happened.

  1. Christmas, the New Year and Chinese New Year came and left with much fanfare, with much cherished time spent with family and friends.
  2. I self-published my first book. Although I've only ordered 1 copy for my own (I'm not quite ready yet to unleash it to the general public), it's a wonderful thing to see your work in print. It's a piece of non-fiction work called "Along Came Emilie". No stars for guessing the source of my inspiration.
  3. I received a considerable salary increment and a generous bonus. Alas, I've spent it all!- or have I? I've tucked away a tidy little nest-egg for my sweet little baby. And blew the rest on Coach and Louis Vuitton handbags....
  4. We bought a new family car.
  5. We went for a lovely holiday in the beautiful island of Langkawi. Sun, surf and sand, with lots of sleep and relaxation, in the company of friends, both old and new.
  6. You learnt to speak, oh-so-wonderfully, with a widened vocabulary of words
  7. I discovered Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy and found new heights of my love for books and reading
  8. You discovered the magical world of princesses, fairies, unicorns and Strawberry Shortcake and I got the opportunity to re-visit my favourite ballets and fairy-tales
  9. Your godma bought me a beautiful Tiffany & Co. ring for my birthday (which, incidentally is 2 weeks away, but she liked the thought of giving my gift to me earlier)
  10. I fell in love with you all over again, every single day, more and more and more....


No comments: