Friday, October 24, 2008

Another year older

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to you" ~ Traditional nursery song

My dearest E,

It's your birthday tomorrow- the 25th of October. I cannot believe it has been 3 years since you arrived. I'm amazed, just looking at you now. You're practically grown-up.

I've planned a little party for you, with your favourite cousins, Maya & Leia, and your favourite squeeze, Gavin, your Godpa's dearest son. Along with your grandparents, your Uncle James & Jerry, and Aunts Christine & Joanne. And all Mummy's and Daddy's closest friends- your Godma & Godpa, Aunts Shen, Eileen & June and Uncles Calvin, Paul & Eugene. A small party, to be sure- but what fun we'll have. And I'd rather have these people, as I'm sure you will, than any other people in the world.

Because they're family.

Happy Birthday, my princess.

No comments: